Monday 13 August 2012

Shadow at Bird is the word

The latest word at BITW is SHADOW.
I've found this photo of my dd at an ancient church in Rhodes Greece,standing in an archway.It was such a hot day,we were searching out shade wherever we went.She looks so relaxed and in tune with 1,000s of others who may have stood there before.As the church has been there for nearly 2000 years,I thought of this title.

I've used Scrapmatts doves and nameplate painted white,plus ribbons,washi tape,buttons(including an unusual old mother of pearl one),and a large black doiley from Typo.The "n"s in the word ancients were chosen because of the arch shapes to reflect that in the photo.Background paper is Kaisercraft "Be Merry" and the vellum is EK success Over the Moon press.


5 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

The KC doily paper looks FANTASTIC &
those Doves look just LOVELY....
THANKS for sharing this with us over @ Bird Is The Word!!!

Lizzyc said...

Hi Julene, what a stunning photo.. and I love the black doiley that really sets the whole layout off.. a wonderful take on the word reach challenge.. and thanks for joining in at BITW!!

MarĂ­lia Lopes said...

Very beautiful page, Thanks for playing at BITW

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful doilie paper and the photo is stunning!!
xoxo

Keren Tamir said...

Wow this layout is so striking!! love the big doily!!

thanks for joining us at BITW.

I'm having a giveaway on my blog too
http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/2012/08/celebrating-life-giveaway.html