Sunday 19 May 2013

Stuck on U sketches layout

The sketch over at Stuck on U sketches was an interesting one.
Current Sketch Challenge

It took me a while to find papers  that would work on this. I'm pleased to be able to use some of my ribbon stash. I kept it subtle.
Here's my layout
Driving home from Canberra one morning I noticed fog hanging over Lake George.
The photo came out very atmospheric.
I've used October Afternoon and MME papers which match nicely. Then I've chosen 3 ribbons as the strips across it. I didn't have any grey. The thinnest ribbon was also used to make a bow on the photo and a small rosette at the top. The aqua lace has a buckle under the photo. I chose the alphas to match rather than contrast. The dots under the photo are from the thickers and finally I added 2 smokey grey buttons.

3 comments:

Carole Wright said...

HI atmospheric indeed, such a lovely page. Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck on U sketches

Unknown said...

You've nailed the sketch Julene, love the title, and the different ribbons. It sure is an atmospheric photo! Thanks for using our sketch at SOUS!

Fern said...

Such a pretty layout!! Love the papers you used with this beautiful photo!! Thanks for playing along with us over at SOUS!! Hugs!!