Thursday 18 July 2013

Let's get shabby #20

Our inspiration at Let's get shabby this time was to
"choose a piece of shabbychic bone china/porcelain dinnerware, 
 for example : a teacup, dinner plate, teapot etc
It could be your own, or a photo off the internet and be inspired to recreate the pattern/image of that piece into your own artwork with a LO, card, otp etc. "
 
Here is my inspiration piece found on Pinterest
 
It so reminds me of my mother and times gone by.
 I love the gold filigree work on the pink.
 
I found this patterned paper by Kaisercraft "Sweet Nothings" range.
It was a very close match. I've chosen to make a card.
I put the white paper through the cuttlebug using a script embosser, then lightly inked it in gold.
I used layers to replicate the stack of saucers in the photo.
The background card is quite a nice pink, but comes up looking washed out on my scanner.
 
 

6 comments:

Deb said...

I love the inspiration piece you have chosen, Julene. I find it hard to photograph or scan anything pink too but I know the paper you have chosen and it's a great match for your inspiration piece. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Gayle Price said...

A very pretty and elegant card. I can definitely see how you were inspired by this beautiful china and why you chose the techniques you used. Thanks so much for playing along at Lets Get Shabby.

JansArtyJunk said...

Beautifully layered card, just like your gorgeous inspiration china, Thanks for playing along with us at Let's get shabby :)

Julie said...

This is sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at shabby.

mandysea said...

Ooh yes, I agree Julene, the the patterning is a great match to the porcelain! Lovely card and thanks for playing along with us!

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...


I love very much the inspiration piece Julene !!!

Paper you have chosen are really the best to realize such a great card !!!

Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Shabby.