Thursday 5 September 2013

A2Z blind scrap challenge

The challenge at A2Z scraplets was a blind scrap. We had to use a A2Z  word and the only one I had says beach.
The layout began well but a few disasters ensued.

First when pouring out pva glue for the twine, I spilled it. On the layout of course!!!
So I thought quickly and saw buttons from my Counterfeit Kit nearby.
Next after misting my chipboard with "sugar maple" I decided to use rusting powder.
This involves vinegar and leaving it overnight to change colour.....it didn't! So the dribbled grey effect on the H and below it should be a rusty brown.
Luckily my sewing machine worked fine on the stitching and the rest came together okay.
I hope you will forgive all that and enjoy what I have created!

4 comments:

Lesley G said...

Just love that button and twine frame :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Nice save! You never know what will end up "inspiring" your page :~)

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Without the back story no one would have ever known. Looks like a great layout to me :)

MiliPea Designs said...

This is so precious. I love what you did with the twine here. I might have to scraplift that! ;)