Tuesday 19 August 2014

Let's get shabby and Use your stuff

Asking a librarian what her favourite children's book is has no particular answer.There are many.

One that I adored as a child (and still do!) is Milly Molly Mandy.
I loved the map of the village.
and here is the cover of the edition I have.


Using chipboard, hessian, lots of punched flowers, fussy cut pictures and a photo of my daughter and a friend, I created this.
My understated title is home, sweet home.
 I could have used big red alphas, but didn't want it to override the photo.
 I like this better.
Here are the links to Let's get shabby http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com.au/
and Use your stuff http://useyourstuff.blogspot.com.au/

I trust it is acceptable to both to enter it in 2 contests.

12 comments:

Granmargaret said...

This is a beautiful layout Julene. I remember Milly Molly Mandy

Laura said...

I adored my MMM book, I must see if it is still hanging around somewhere and have a read!
Great layout :)

Deb said...

You have created such a lovely little scene for your photo, Julene.........looks fabulous. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

OriBella said...

Beautiful work, beautifully framed charming picture:) Thank you for having fun together with Let`s Get Shabby

Lisa said...

I also used to love MMM books! what a blast from the past and a sweet page created with the inspiration!

mandysea said...

Oh my!! I remember Milly Molly Mandy too! Fabulous! Love your LO - it's a great interpretation of your book! Love the little fence!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful vintage style layout :)

Julie said...

Just love the scene you have created.

Margie said...

Wow, you are the queen of challenges! Love this!

Susanne said...

Utterly charming, enough said!

Ludkasz said...

Beautiful LO:)
Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

So sweet! Love how you replicated the book!