Friday 5 August 2016

CSI Case file #207 and Challenge #1 at CKC.

Happy Sandcastle Day.
https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/sandcastle-day/

Follow this link to discover that August 6 is Happy Sandcastle Day.
Our challenge #1 is to be inspired by this. I think the above does this adequately though it has been many years since I built a sandcastle!
Here I am at 16 months old on the beach.
That is me on the right.

Over at CSI Case file #207 uses this picture


THE SCHEME - USE ALL 5 COLORS
  • 182.202.203 – grayish blue
  • 120.178.192 – medium teal
  • 132.113.96 – mushroom brown
  • 255.255.255 – white
  • 214.218.219 – pale gray
EVIDENCE - CHOOSE AT LEAST 3 CLUES
  • nautical elements
  • animals
  • puffy stickers
  • textured paper
  • frames
  • lamp/lightbulb
  • wood
  • vellum
  • envelope or postcard
  • fringe or tassels
  • mesh
  • twine
  • triangle
  • diagonal stripes
TESTIMONY - CHOOSE AT LEAST 1 CLUE
• Topic: Document time spent at the beach.• Prompt Idea: Go to Sunday Scribblings and explore. Choose a word as a jumping-off point for your journaling.• Presentation: Journal on a postcard. Google blank postcard template.
• Writing Format: Journal in the form of a letter.
• Inspiration Words: life, time, better -- use these as inspiration for your journaling, not just as a title.

                                         *************************************

I started by using white cardstock and misting with turquoise.(medium teal)
Next I've found textured pale grey handmade paper plus some card I cut from a tissue box featuring a wave pattern.
I've also put in my kit a mushroom brown 8x8 paper.The greyish blue will come later.

I'm using twine, wooden letters as part of my title,a framed blackboard plus a library pocket (envelope) and a small chevron paper bag,

I'm journaling about time spent at the beach so that completes the testimony.

 
And two close ups.
 
 

4 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Wow - you've been busy :) You nailed the CSI challenge. Love the spritz!

Susanne said...

Nice job, I like the loosely placed twine and shells at the bottom - makes it feel beachy.

Lesley G said...

Oooh, you got messy - we'll do Everything!

Lisa said...

great vintage photo of you on the beach - have you scrapped it? Nice layout with that super view of the beautiful Greek water - really does look like the perfect way to end a hectic trip!